It is certainly a known fact that people will always be searching and looking for jobs.
Most of the employed people search for a new job or look for new openings. A significant number of these job seekers look for their favored jobs on different online job board websites. Hence, the job board market is quite huge and offers a lot of opportunities for website development services. Also, lots of people look for a reliable as well as a handy job board website.
Hence, a web development company in USA can take this opportunity to develop such a website. But what should be the features, what challenges it will face, and how to make it are the key questions that often bewilder the development companies. Here we have provided answers to all of these questions.
Essential Features of a Job Board Website
Let’s have an in-depth look at the essential features of a job board website. Most of them are divided into two distinct parts: Features for Job Seekers as well as Features for Employers.
Features of Job Seekers
- User Profiles (Personal Profiles)- In order to register, a job seeker has to enter their own name, location, as well as email address and also create a password.
- Upload and Send a Resume-The job seekers need to be able to upload their resume and send it with their own cover letter.
- Search- This feature is quite important as you need to add different search filters so that the users can choose not only a job title and city but also their favored salary, size of the company along with the ability to work remotely.
- Salary Comparison-It allows job seekers to check the different salary rates in their own country or the city for a chosen position easily.
- Employer Profiles and Reviews-Any job seeker can view the profile of the employers, check out all of the vacancies and even read reviews about the employer or the company. Essentially, this information is quite important for job seekers. Most of the candidates read about the company they wish to work online and often consider another job offer if they aren’t able to find any relevant information about the company.
- Contact- This feature allows the job seekers to easily apply for any job, write an email to the employer, and easily send a resume.
Features for Employers
- User Profiles (Personal Profiles)- In this section, the employers can easily tell about their own companies and their teams along with their spheres of activity as well as the company’s values and goals in detail.
- Job Postings- It allows employers to post their positions, which are open.
- Candidate Search- It allows employers to find and contact the most suitable candidates.
In order to make a job board website much more appealing for the job seekers as well as employers, you can even add additional features and functionalities. Such features make the entire search process much more interesting, successful as well as informative.
Additional Features of a Job Board Website
A user can easily find minimum, maximum, as well as average salaries for a particular job and even their own personal market value. Such a calculator requests information regarding the user’s educational experience, occupation, and current salary. Then the system compares the user’s data against the prevalent job market information and then calculates their actual market value. It is an appealing feature to be inculcated in job portal web development.
Resume Builder or Writing Services
Few candidates find it quite difficult to write about themselves or even create a resume. For this, job search services provide simple questionnaires. On the basis of the actual information provided, it creates a resume that can easily be sent to potential employers. Also, you can include the average time required to fill out this form such that candidates are ensured that they won’t actually be filling the form for quite some time.
Bookmark/Hide a Job Post
In case a person likes a job but is hesitating to apply, in that case, they can bookmark it and then check it out later. Also, job seekers can easily hide posts that aren’t interesting.
Private, Public and Limited Resumes
Every job seeker doesn’t want all the employers to see their own resumes. Hence few job board websites have various levels of resume privacy. For instance, Monster.com actually allows the employees to make their resumes private, public, or limited. The public resumes are open so that everyone can view them. In the case of limited resumes, they hide a person’s contact details as well as the current company. Finally, private resumes are completely unsearchable for employers and can only be viewed if someone applies for a given job. A responsive web design company can be hired to introduce this feature.
Challenges to build a Job Board Website
Completely understanding the following challenges can help you avoid them and assist in creating a better job board website. Mentioned-below is the most common challenges for all of the job board websites.
When it comes to the real problem in the sphere of human resources, candidate mismatch is the prime one. As per research, the average cost per hire for organizations is quite high. And after that amount is spent, out of three employees, one quit their jobs just after six months.
Read the blog- Cost And Feature To Develop A Website Like Alibaba
Essentially, the problem is that a candidate who actually looks like a great match may not have the required skills or may actually be quite overqualified for the position. Also, it may happen that the job doesn’t meet the expectations of the candidate.
Basically, mismatching is often the result of an outdated search algorithm that is built on principles of SEO. The more “right keywords” are used by the candidate in their resume, the better the chances they will be easily shortlisted of best matches.
At present, job search programs majorly rely on cutting-edge technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence. Systems that are built on these technologies are much more reliable and provide more precise resume matching.
For example, IBM has recently launched its own resume matching software, which is based on artificial intelligence. Essentially, the system searches for the most qualified job seekers or candidates and eliminates any type of human bias. The program checks not just the resumes but even the social networking accounts in order to find more information regarding the person. After that, it matches the person’s professional as well as soft skills to find the best-suited job. Many software development services are developing such a program for job board websites.
Job Postings’ Reliability
A lot of users in some of the large job board websites often complain about a certain issue, such as outdated job posts and a lot of spam.
Basically, the first issue arises when there is a lack of or a little moderation on the website. In order to avoid this, you should think about how you can easily regulate the overall quality of job posts on your website. Among the available option is to do it automatically, through an algorithm which checks the data of posting, the company or person who made the posting along with actual posting status. This problem will solve itself if you start charging a fee for every job postings.
In case of issue of spam, it occurs when companies are provided with easy access to the emails as well as phone numbers of the job seekers. So, all private information needs to be protected at a peak level.
Violations of Privacy
Often submitting a resume on the internet can easily result in a privacy nightmare for the job seekers. Their names, email addresses, as well as resumes, have certain economic value and this particular data often consists of a significant source of profit for the different job search websites and other related businesses. Almost two decades ago, there were cases when the databases of people’s resumes were sold by a particular job search platform to another. At present, residents of countries of the EU are duly protected by GDPR. It prohibits the sharing of any personal information without its owner’s permission. However, a lot of countries lack laws that can regulate all aspects of private data collection, as well as the processing and even storage as GDPR does.
Even with all these stringent laws, the users are left vulnerable. There are certain measures you can certainly take to improve the security of your website. Some of them are:
- Never Display User’s Contact Information- In the case of LinkedIn, the users don’t actually see phone numbers as well as emails of other people but can easily communicate through the inbuilt chat system in the platform.
- Prevention of Scraping-Few job search engines essentially scrape or copy information from different other job board websites and then display them on their own platforms. In order to do that, these engines utilize special programs known as scrapers. Hence, to protect your users’ information from getting copied, protect your website from scrapers and don’t allow them to copy information. You can hire a CRM development company to mitigate this issue.
- Inform Users- Offer all the users with all of the regulations and policies for your website and ask for their own consent. It allows you to ensure that your users understand the choice they are making.
How to build a Job Board Website
It is a known fact that generic websites don’t usually get the required attention. In order to be successful, you have to create a unique as well as a valuable offer for your customers or users. Consider the following tips:
Selecting a Niche
As per recent research, it was revealed that job seekers utilize multiple websites during a job search. It is because the majority of job board sites are quite similar. Also, in most cases, users can find the same job posts on separate platforms. Such websites offer everything for each of its users.
However, few highly targeted job search boards work only in one particular niche. For instance, Creativepool is essentially a platform for producers, editors, designers, and other creative specialists.
Generally, these websites don’t actually have a lot of job postings as well as resumes as generic job board websites. However, they are quite popular within a particular nice.
Hence, by choosing a narrow focus and sector, you can provide employers with a better talent pool as well as tap into different professional communities such as GitHub, where the developers share their own work, discuss it and even create projects together.
Similarly to GitHub, you can start with a useful service or product to attract your initial users. Once you have done that, you can easily add a job board section on your own website. It allows you to have a community of loyal fans who will be quite happy to find a candidate or a job on your website.
Read the blog- Cost And Feature To Start A Website Like eBay
Check Market Trends and Demands
Whenever developing your own job board website, keep in mind the prevalent needs as well as technology and social trends. It can assist you in creating a platform that will be quite high in demand.
How to Generate Revenue with a job board website
Once you have created a job board website, it is time to make money with it. Mentioned below are a few of the popular ways to monetize your job board website.
- Listing fees-A particular employer pays for the time their job post is displayed on the website.
- Resume Access Fees- Organizations pay to get access to a database of job seekers’ resumes. However, this model can only work if you have a database of at least a few hundred candidates already.
- Subscription- A particular employer can easily post as many job positions as they wish for a monthly or yearly subscription fees.
- Premium Features- In this particular model, free basic services, as well as charges for advanced website features, are provided.
When it comes to developing your own website, it takes both times as well as effort. Also, you have to choose how to develop your own job board website, then attract the first loyal users along with think of features and functionalities and decide on the actual monetization model. Inculcating the above-mentioned features, considering the challenges, considering key issues, and applying the right monetization model as discussed, you can create your own job board website.