With the increase in technology advancement, there has been an immense increase in cyber attacks as well.
One of the major parts of this is malware attacks on the website that the store volume of data in it.
However, the Custom Website Development Company can provide some amount of protection, which makes it even more difficult, is recognizing small signs. It is possible that a person is not even aware of it and their website is infected with the content that is malicious. Before knowing the ways to find or remove such malicious content, one needs to know what it actually is.
What is malware?
A malicious content or software that is designed in order to extract data or harm a website is known as Malware. Many people believe the myth that if a site has a lot of pop-ups then it is infected with Malware software. However, it is not actually the case every single time. Nowadays, cybercriminals are targeting e-commerce website a lot with a malware attack. The motive behind such an attack is to extract user information and personal details. In addition to this, it also gives out a way to attack the visitors to scam money. However, the best web design company can eliminate any scope for such loopholes but it is better to be guarded then to suffer.
Symptoms of Malware on a website
Before, finding a malware software on a site, one can watch out for any sort of signs that might be showing off on the website. The major signs are:
- Automatic navigation to inappropriate websites that might be questionable or illegitimate
- Automatically generation of emails without any knowledge
- Becoming a part of blacklisted by browsers
- Development of suspicious code, folder or file
- Different warning from Google
- Disabling with the help of hosting provider
- Slow loading speed that tick off the customers
- Vandalism or defacing on site
Ways to find Malware Software on a site
Once, the symptoms are clear to the owner, they can get in touch with Outsourced customer service for further help. There is much software that one can even use to find out any malicious software in software. One of the major tools that are used to find out the error is Google’s Safe Browsing Technology. This has an option of diagnosis of a website to easily find any major errors through URLs. In addition to this, there are no limitations with respect to size or type of website.
Apart from this, there is other custom software as a service that can be used to find any sort of Malware in the system overall.
1. Google Free Malware Checker – This can easily detect any error on the website and work to ensure that they are safe or not.
2. Malware Scanning – In this, a person can easily check online to check whether a site is infected by any theft or not. There are different things that are checked off such as blacklist checklist, reports, website defacement, spams, etc.
3. Code Monitoring and Backup – It is also an effective way to determine any sort of malware activity on the site. This tool can easily keep a track of code and make a user aware of changes that occur due to malicious software. Mainly, Codeguard is used to ensure that the backups made for the website are free of any virus, trogons or worms.
Read the blog- Seven influential Web Development Trends reshaping 2019
4. WordPress Security Plugins – Many of the Custom Website Development Company works on the most reliable platform of WordPress to develop a website. However, even this reliable platform is not free of any sort of virus attack. This can be eliminated with the use of WordPress Security Plugins to develop a protection layer against backdoors, malware, and Trojans.
5. Manual Inspection – There are many ways to manually inspect for any sort of malware such as the use of PHP files, .htaccess files and media files, etc.
Ways to Remove the Malware Software on the site
Since, now with the help of best web design company software or manual ways, an owner knows about the Malware software. Now, comes the ways to remove it completely from the website. In order to do so, one must change all the passwords that are linked to that particular website. it is advisable to opt for a stronger password to ensure that can provide strength to the overall website.
One can even depend on Outsourced customer service to check on the code thoroughly to eliminate any sort of changes or alterations that might be done. The .htaccess files, media files, and.php files are the main files that are targeted by hackers. They insert encoded format base64 to the files to instill virus in the website. There is a lot of manual work done to download every single file and then review it properly.
This gives an idea about unauthorized inserted code that can be altered or rectified once the suspicious code is found. Once the website is cleaned of any harmful part, it can be uploaded on the server again.
The bigger picture
There are a number of tools that are used by the custom software as a services to eliminate such theft. But it is always better to be ready to face it then suffer later on. It is essential to have proper support for the future safety of a site.