Pollution has surpassed severe levels of AQI in Delhi and it surely affects the rest of the states as well.
The quality of air has decreased drastically and people are often in need of emergent health aids. But doctors can not be available all the time, everywhere.
To combat this problem mobile healthcare software development took place. With the advent of this, it is now possible to render at the least immediate guidance and direction to the needy ones. Many other things have been made probable because of healthcare application development.
Types of Healthcare Applications
Now we will learn what are the different types of apps for this purpose and what are the features that they must have.
- App For Patients
- App For Doctors
- General Healthcare Information Apps
Let’s go through them one by one. The app for patients is made for the general public, the receivers of the healthcare services. It is designed to link them with the Healthcare providers and provide them with a number of services online. Now the app for patients should have the following mentioned features along with others:
1. Appointment - The most basic requirement of all. Patients should be able to book appointments online, with options such as change, modify, update and reminder.
2. Map for locating the doctor/clinic/hospital - Location service should be presented in the app for the patients to reach the respective doctor/place at the time of appointment or in cases of emergencies.
3. ePrescription - It happens a lot that patients lost their prescription and thus the doctor has to repeat the diagnosis. This is a time-consuming task and sometimes can lead to mistakes. But with ePrescription, this will not happen. One copy will be saved with the doctor or the administration and one will remain with the patient.
Read the blog- Benefits, Problems, Risks & Ethics of AI in Healthcare
4. Pill reminder - These types of functions will help patients in taking their medicines in a timely manner. This will lead to patients’ recovering from their ailments soon. The reminder will be in the form of push notifications and the user can set the schedule as his or her requirements as well. With this patient as well as the doctor can keep a track of the patient’s intake of the prescribed medicines. And so it helps in better analysis and cure.
5. One-click Ambulance - This feature is very crucial for the health sector. No time should be wasted in trying to arrange for the ambulance in cases of emergencies. Moreover, mobile applications often store the patients’ location so it will be easy to locate the needy in no time.
We have described the most basic and important features of the patient’s app. Now let's talk about the doctor’s app. Just like the previous app was made for the patients, this one is made for the doctors. For them to keep a better record of their work. The doctor’s app will most importantly have the doctor’s profile which would have the digital proof of all their qualifications. Features that should be included are mentioned below:
1. Schedule Management - Doctor’s have a very tight schedule and proper management is mandatory for streamline work. Therefore there schedule should be on their hand so that they can check it anytime, anywhere and make changes as and when required. Moreover, patients will be able to book an appointment with the help of this tool.
2. Doctor’s profile - This is required for the patient to view the doctors’ profile and accordingly search for the most suitable one. It helps to save time and money for both, the doctor as well as the patient. So the doctor’s complete detail about his/her profession, qualification and experience should be mentioned on his profile including the options to make an appointment and contact details, etc.
3. Patient’s dashboard - On this, the complete information regarding the patients’ health will be recorded. For example, his/her diagnosis, nutritional values, history of treatment, and medicines prescribed, etc. All of this record can be stored using cloud computing services.
4. ePrescription - This is one very beneficial feature that should be present in both the apps whether it is for the doctor or for the patient. With the help of this, mistakes and errors due to bad handwriting can be avoided as well. Moreover, it helps to keep the history of the patient intact.
5. Clinical Photo Taker - To cut down the cost of the expensive equipment required for medical photography, this feature can be introduced. This will also help doctors to compare the pictures from before and after treatment. This type of feature will prove to be quite useful to dermatologists and other doctors of cosmetic clinics. Also, it should have several other options in it such as customizing the picture as per requirement, etc.
All of these features of the Doctor’s app and Patient’s app could be developed and created with the help of a software development partner. This is because there are many different types of hospitals and healthcare service providers according to the areas. So, accordingly distinct applications will be built. And thus the ones looking after the development of such an application can get a software development partner to create the app. Let’s move on to the next application.
Application for Healthcare Management System
This application will be developed for Hospitals and Clinics to maintain their daily records. Daily there are a number of visits to Hospitals and Clinics and they need an efficient system or application to manage such large data effectively. The data includes daily records of admission and discharge of patients, doctors’ attendance, accounts of the inventories, and report generation for the patients, etc. This type of application should have the following basic features:
1. Doctor Management - This is required to keep a record of all the doctors present in the hospital or clinic. So that they can be appointed easily to the required patients. And this would also help in keeping a track of how many patients did the doctor check on which doctor was allocated to a specific patient and for how many hours each doctor served.
2. Patients’ Management - Just like there will be a system for the management of the hospital or clinic’s doctor, similarly, there will be a requirement for the creation of the patient management tool. Through this, the medical and analysis record will be kept safe of the patient. Moreover, it will also have all the payment and administrative records of the patient, which will be helpful for the admin staff of the hospital or clinic.
3. Inventory Management - Stock management along with a number of other requirements of the hospital or clinic is mandatory for streamlined working. This is looked after by the staff of the hospital or clinic in a time-consuming manner these days. As they do all the things manually. This takes up a lot of their time and energy which should be invested in more important work. So to avoid this the Inventory management system should be provided within the Healthcare management application.
4. Payment Management - This is one of the most critical and vital features of the Healthcare management application. And it can serve multiple purposes as well. First of all, it will be used to make a record of the payments made by the patient and an automatic invoice can be generated for them, which can either be given as a printout or mailed to the patient’s respective email address. Apart from this, the payment system can be used to generate pay-slips for the staff of the clinic or hospital. This includes everyone from expert doctors to the cleaning staff of the hospital or clinic.
Mentioned above were the most basic types of applications that are mandatory and thus have already found their place in the market. But apart from these three, several other low-level applications can be built to provide Healthcare support in far off places. Now we will see what these apps could be :
1. Electronic Health Record - Separate small applications like this can be built for small clinics as their work is much less in comparison to the high-level hospitals and clinics. This is to help them maintain a record of daily visiting patients.
2. On-demand doctor app - This will be one of the very useful applications of all. Because through this patients will be able to look for a doctor nearby and fix an appointment with him or her to get the treatment. They can also easily locate the nearest clinic and hospital with this using its navigation tool.
3. Symptoms Checker - Through this people can check symptoms of health problems that are quite common and also can evaluate their health state instantly.
4. Wellness App - This type of app can be developed to serve any kind of purpose related to health such as diet, mental wellness, proper or healthy meals, etc. Most of the people use these types of apps nowadays.
Healthcare Application Development can enhance the efficiency of the healthcare sector manifolds. In fact, they have already found their place in the market with the help of mobile healthcare software development. And better applications with vital features should be made to serve the world.