If you are confused about whether you should go for the native or hybrid route for the upcoming application then this article is going to be very useful and informative for you.
There are so many businesses who struggle in the beginning stage of mobile app development like how to start what are the available options and the budget and the options that will fit the needs. Some businesses choose between native and hybrid apps. Mobile application development services will help in selecting the best option.
What is Native Mobile App Development?
Native mobile app development helps in building apps for particular mobile operating systems. The users access them from dedicated app stores such as Google Play or App Store. If you are planning to build an iOS app development then you need to use the programming language objective-c or swift. If planning to develop an android app then a programming language like Kotline or Java is needed. React Native App Development Company will make you understand all the benefits that they can provide for your business.
Bothe the Goggle and apple provides app developers with their own toll development, SDK, and interface elements. Because of the benefits of Native apps, most companies will choose this for their app development. As nowadays mobile app development is one of the essential parts of all companies. So companies need to know the pros and cons of all mobile app development.
Pros of Native App Development:
Planning to provide a better user experience in terms of appearance, and feel then native app development will play an important role. When an application is thoroughly following all the proper instructions the users will get to know the way of using it properly. Below are many benefits of native app development that will help in embracing the platform.
- Security: maximum hybrid application is dependent on cross-platform, system browser security, and the native app is safeguarded as it is difficult to misuse due to the various layers of an OS. This type of application doesn’t rely on any third-party system, only utilizes the official APIs that are already tested and examined across different system versions. All the growing security problems can be solved possible as there are long buildings of official platform SDKs. React Native App Development Services helps in making your company achieve the revenue that you want to achieve once you finish your app development.
In the end, the official platform launch can also occur less frequently than the framework lunches. With the help of a lengthy launch cycle, you can even examine properly, more secure software is developed, and anticipate dependable. As the time is not sufficient the launch cycle can be less thoroughly ready as the choice of getting solved later.
- Maintenance: The maintenance of the native application comes complex than the hybrid application as the latest version of the application should be launched. The users can get the update without any problem. The native app comes with the maximum content on the installation. So there is no need of updating your game or messenger regularly whereas the mobile shop or magazines are mainly supported by hybrid apps. All of this mainly relies on the app types.
- Performance: some of the technical leaders like LinkedIn and Facebook have invested in HTML5. Then after they even regretted their decision as they got the high popularity of the standalone native application. The native applications are quicker, responsive, and come with a greater user experience. The application operates very quickly as it is written in specific languages that are an ecosystem of the platform.
This application can be access in the unique elements and the API that are optimized to run seamlessly and efficiently for various devices. The hybrid app mainly relies on the native browser like UIWebView or Android WebView.
- Fewer Bugs: It’s very hard to maintain two different apps with the help of a single codebase as there are two apps in two codebases. When working on the native app development there are fewer chances of getting bugs as there no dependency on the cross-platform tool. Whereas is in the hybrid application has the access to hardware with the help of a bridge which can slow down the application. This can even result in an annoying user experience. This problem is visible when new iOS and Android versions are being launched.
The native application comes with the Software Development kits SDK for starting developing their apps with the help of the latest features. Due to this lead time, the native app can even access new platform features once the OS is updated.
- Unified UX/UI: For a native platform the users will properly and unified learn UI or UX. In the native application, the entire broader UI will be standard. The learning curve will be reduced and the people will understand how to navigate in your application. The better performance will help in coming up with a better user experience.
During the time of development of the native application, developers, and designers find it easy to use the best practices and standards. Because of all this reason native application comes up with better user experience and user interface if compared to the hybrid apps.
- Access to Complete Device Features: The native app is mainly built for the specific platform that helps in taking full advantage of the software, and OS. The apps can easily access the hardware devices like camera, microphone, GPS, etc.
One of the biggest benefits of selecting the native mobile app development is a push notification that has to go through the APNS (iOS server) where you need app bundle ID and this is very similar to GCM (Google’s Cloud Messaging).
- Scalability: To be compatible with all the single platform native app has to be configured quickly. If there are two native assignments they are purely different. The compatibility of the app needs to be between the version of different platforms and in this way you can utilize new features in the provided platforms.
As there is very little limitation then it becomes very easy to scale. To combine the advantages of native and even the cross-platform solutions for this you have to start with native and then you have to maximize some of the small app modules with the help of extra cross-platform code.
- Offline Performance: Going with the native one of the best options if there is no connectivity. Organizers, Planning, navigators, and even the games can be performed offline as the content is been downloaded already.
Cons of Native Mobile App Development:
- Costing: For every platform, development is needed this even involves staff as well as funding.
- Support: There are some unique features in each stage there are some changes that are needed and are involved. This can even change the overall speeded due to the specific and unique working at every stage.
- Speed of development: There are some existing bugs and errors due to different platforms it's hard to fix and control them. this can even efficiency of the app.
What Is Hybrid Mobile App Development?
Hybrid is one of the mobile app developments that consist of both web application and native application. Just like any other app hybrid is also installed on the device. One of the differentiates them with the fact that they possess elements of the native app. This is the application that is developed for a specific platform such as Android, or ios that can be elemental from the web app. This is mainly a website that acts as an app there is no need of installing it on your device and it can be accessed on the internet with the help of a browser.
Hybrid apps are mainly developed in the native containers that are using a mobile WebView object. When the app is viewed you can see the web content with the help of web technology. The web content can be seen as soon as you open the app or when in certain parts of the app only. The core of the Hybrid app development is written using web technologies. When finding a new mobile application it is very important to face a wide range of options but even have to ensure from where to begin. A hybrid app development company will make sure that you can achieve all the goals that you have planned to achieve.
Pros of Hybrid Mobile App Development:
There are so many positive aspects of hybrid app development that you must know before selecting one. Below are some of the advantages of building a hybrid app.
- Low cost: As hybrid mobile apps are unified development the business doesn’t have to come up with multiple versions of an app for multiple platforms. The hybrid app even allows the developers to build a single version, write, and maintain all the individual codebases for the various platforms. This process helps in saving a lot of money for the small companies who come up with a limited budget and can even attract a lot of revenue.
- Simple backend: the native app comes up with the best user experience and the hybrid even comes up with most that UX offers along with the back-end structure simple. The company can even opt for the comprehensive development frameworks that will help in building app UX that helps in connecting to device-specific functions.
The UX remains the same even if working with updated and fixed across all the platforms. The native app users experience fluid native feels and there is no difference. This can even shift from one device platform to another.
- Reaching target audience: most of the ordinary web application doesn’t stay in touch with the OS devices and the inbuilt environment. These apps are not that smart as the new evolved applications and fail to emulate the polished native apps. This helps the app developers to think creatively and come up with more good ideas. This helps in developing a hybrid and captures the attention of the target audience.
- Speed: most people use this type of application to make their lives more easily. If the mobile app takes more time then the customers can lose interest in the app. One of the difficulties that native app users have to face is related to the speed of the app. If customers are trying to open a large image it may take a lot of time to load this image. Whereas in the hybrid app the users don’t have to face problems related to this. This provides a better experience to the users
- Offline use: Same as native mobile app hybrid app even comes up with API of the device to store important and useful information offline. This is considered as one of the prominent benefits that the customers will receive who want to save money that can be spent on data. All the users don’t come up with the best connectivity with their mobile devices so this will help in offline usage capabilities that are associated with the hybrid apps as well. in this way they can use the mobile app without any frustration.
- Easy to integrate: there are some similarities between the hybrid and native mobile apps. Like both the application uses the programming language of the device to synchronize with the other compatible apps. this helps the app developers to keep away from the hassle during the integration. In this way the hybrid app will work well with the camera, messaging, GPS, and some other device information to provide the best possible user experience. This helps in enhancing the customer experience at the end of the day.
Cons of the Hybrid Mobile App:
- Performance: As there is an additional extra layer between the target and source code there can be a possible loss of performance.
- Debugging: it is required to stick with the framework and it should not be introduced with the new bugs. As there is no much knowledge about t so it becomes complicated to handle.
- Features: as we can see the industry of gadgets like mobile, laptop, etc is increasing day by day. It becomes the need of the people each time the leaders have to come up with the latest feature that can attract the customers. due to a specific framework, this is becoming difficult for hybrid apps due to the specific framework.
Native vs Hybrid App Development:
There are so many things that you may have heard about native or hybrid app development. But which one to choose and which one can be the best for your app development company. Below are some of the grouped information into three categories:
- Technical aspects
- Non-technical aspects
- Preferences of leading world companies in the mobile apps.
- Native vs Hybrid App Development: Technical Aspects
From the technical point of view, the hybrid and native apps are both best from their side and worth being used. The selection of the development app platform depends completely on the wishes and aims of a developer and customer. Both the Hybrid and native have access to the native APIs. But at the same this they are different in various ways like platforms, UI, language, and UI.
The language of the native platform is native only whereas hybrid comes with both native and web. The native app comes with a single for each platform whereas the hybrid comes with multiple platform access. The user interface of the native app is rich and more attractive whereas hybrid app development can’t give the users a fully native experience due to the necessary record web technology usages. The performance of the native app development is faster and more reliable by the design it provides whereas hybrid app development is comparatively usually slower. The access to native APIs is higher whereas hybrid comes with moderate usage. The updating of native app development comes with the necessary update of the whole app to see the changes. cross-platform app development helps the company as well as the developer to develop the app properly.
Whereas in the hybrid there is a regular update from the app store and the app code can be updated without any market. The frameworks of API are provided by OS in the native app whereas the framework is provided by PhoneGap, Rubymotion, and Sencha Touch.
- Native vs hybrid app development: non-technical aspects
For making rights choose financially, ease of access, time-consuming issues, and getting these apps will take some of the important places in making the right choice for a company. Whereas Hybrid takes less time to launch in the market and the native app is easy to receive and being found in the stores. Native app development comes with a slower developer’s learning ability whereas Hybrid app development comes with a quicker developer’s learning ability.
The time of market launch is six months or more that is rather big whereas the time of market launch is shorter like less than six months. The development cost of a native app is expensive whereas a hybrid is a cheaper and reasonable price. The cash allocation of native app development is separate financing for each platform whereas a hybrid app is financing in one stream. The device-specific features are high availability whereas the hybrid comes with moderate features.
Internet connection of native app development mainly depends on the app as the internet connection is needed by the API-clients app, and updating of the app from the market. Where, as in the hybrid app development the most needed connection as a web part is to be renewed with the help of the internet. If the HTML is downloaded to the device then the internet connection is not required.
At some stages, some decisions are needed to be taken when planning to select from hybrid or native app development. Below are some of the questions that you need to ask yourself before selecting from these two option.
- What is your timeline?
- How much you are going to spend?
- Will your app need frequent updates?
- Is an internet connection is required?
There are some budgets and features that you need to decide on first and wish to list them. Then find a mobile application development services company and then exchange your idea with them properly. in this way, the company will understand and will provide you with the best suggestion. If you have limited resources and few months in your hand then the hybrid app is one of the best options for you. If you are looking for building a minimum viable product to test in the limited market then a hybrid is one of the best options for your company.
If you want to incorporate a lot of custom features that are reliable and have speed then you must go for native app development. This can even turn out to be one of the most cost-effective options rather than spending time and much money on customizing or developing an app. The cross-platform development tools enable you to covert the one source code into the native code for the differencing system.