Today's world is compact and covering physical space is an issue not for humans but also for 0 and 1 which is nothing but a representation of data.
Every other organization which is paving their way into web development also faces this issue in addition to others. The real deal today is transferring data to the cloud storage which is a virtual parking place for digital applications. What cloud storage provides is, firstly, anytime anywhere availability and secondly, security. And in order to tackle this pinpoint issue, Microsoft introduced Azure Cloud Solutions for web developers.
Microsoft presented Azure Cloud Solutions before the world in 2010. Ever since its birth the service has seen exponential growth and has gained popularity among web developers, in particular. It’s a cloud platform for deploying, building, and managing applications no matter where you are. It has become a reality or has been made possible only because of the presence of the growing data network of Microsoft. It just enables the developer to work hassle-free and without any restraint over the application and without any issue of storage from anywhere around the world.
What does Azure have in store for the world?
Microsoft Application Insights basically is like a checker tool that picks up the specific anomalies of application which enables developers to monitor or keep a check over their website performance in Azure. In simple words, it helps to detect the loopholes that are dragging the application from reaching its height of performance with the help of the powerful analytical tool which comes with Application Insights. These assist in diagnose issues and understand how users are trying to use one’s application. The main motive behind it is to give all the developers an optimum performance of their work and best in class user experience to the ones using it.
The great thing that rolls with Application Insights is that a web developer can use it with a bunch of punch platforms like .Net, Node.js and many more which makes it available for a wide range of developers. One more interesting thing about this is that the web developer is sending their data to Azure about their website but the website itself doesn’t have to be hosted in Azure. We can go on pointing the peculiar features that come with Azure but this article is more concerned with the application of Azure in ASP.Net. Microsoft started working on a dot net framework in the early 90s and added another feather to its wings of services as a dot net development company.
Firstly, let us have an overview of ASP.Net and how ASP.Net development services give developers an edge and then dig deep into how Azure works in tandem with ASP.Net in order to exhibit their full potential. ASP.Net is a web development model in the dot net framework. It allows developers to go for dynamic web development, with dynamics web pages we infer the meaning that the web page or the application is interactive in nature which allows users to submit responses to the server. Several languages are used while using ASP.Net for reference we may go for C# and the list is long.
It was also a brainchild of Microsoft to allow programmers to build, as earlier stated, dynamic web pages, applications, and services. ASP.Net development services brought ASP.Net Core as the successor of ASP.Net which is also a free open source web framework with reimplementation of ASP.Net as a modular framework together with other frameworks like Entity and others. These make use of .Net compiler platform which is cross-platform or in simple words something that can be used or implemented on multiple different platforms.
Working of Azure Application Insights
Let us see how Azure Application Insights work with ASP.Net and what features do Microsoft Technology Associates have put into Azure.
Let us suppose the developer created a .Net Core application using a particular template, then the code snippet is attached to Application Insight Telemetry which comes up with Azure subscription on Virtual Studio. And that is pretty much it from the developer's side to do at first, as the Insights application then derives various data in form of graphics and numbers which suggest issues in the application which is being tested and their preferred solutions. These data are called telemetry data which is just a fancy word for data coming in from the application which is being diagnosed.
The dashboard of insights play workaround with many measures and extract data on grounds over which the application is tested for its best suitable state that helps the developer understand where his/her app stands which set up measures are necessary to be taken in order for the app to work with best of its abilities.
Read the blog- How Microsoft Azure Is A Perfect Cloud Solution For Smbs
The data coming onto Azure also signals how people are using it, these are some features that developers find very intriguing in nature. One can also customize the telemetry if he/she needs to extend the reports coming in. At the time of publishing apps, we can tag it with Live Metrics Stream just to make sure everything is running smoothly. One thing that needs to be kept in mind is that it’s the telemetry which builds up in the Application Insights portal where one can monitor metrics. So in the crux, it tells how the app is performing and how the users are using it.
The paths followed by Insights to monitor stuff in order to extract relevant information regarding the performance of the app can be summarized as :
- It sets up periodic web test requests which allow the developer to send request to the web service which ensures how the web service is responding and what feedback is being provided.
- It seeks the most popular web pages in the application under test with heed on the duration of the day, the web pages are being visited heavily and from where does the traffic come from. This allows tracking the application in more fine-grain detail.
- It tracks exceptions for both server and browser information. It collects session information that gives an idea about who, when, where dropped on your web page.
- It comes up with an additional feature that allows writing up custom codes that can help retrieve additional data that doesn’t show up on their own.
This list is not done yet but, in a nutshell, the major nuts that Application Insights manages to crack are the ones stated above.
There are certain features which were kept in mind by Microsoft Technology Associates while its development that make Azure stand alone from the crowd as we state them in the following points
- Azure has worked over data recovery and ways to quickly spring back data if things go wrong anyhow. While working with Azure the developer’s data is stacked securely in the data center of Microsoft. The recovery option is enabled just as one store’s data in Azure, not only one but two copies of the same data make their place in storage in the same data center so in case of data is unavailable due to some issue copies of data are accessed to reach the data.
- Azure wraps the data with proper security. The data is encrypted through various mechanisms, predominant one among them is SSE which stands for Storage side Encryption which makes use of a 256 bit AES encryption. Web developers have the freedom to add security by applying disk encryption.
- Another merit of Azure is its cheap pricing of subscriptions. Apart from being fast and easy to use its cheaper than other infrastructures in competition.
Wrapping it up
Many organizations have come up as leading dot net development companies that provide scalable solutions in regard to Microsoft’s dot net framework and the number is just growing as each day passes by. With this many features installed into Azure and with Microsoft’s vast infrastructure behind the back, contribute to the reasoning why so many developers go for Azure.