Web development and web design are extremely critical things for any website. Therefore, it must be done with a team of professionals. Online presence plays a huge role in deciding the fate of the business.
A good website or application can have an unexpectedly well positive impact on the potential audience. In these times of competition, your company needs to do everything that is possible. A website or a web application can attract new customers and can keep the older ones stay for longer. Also, the world is now just revolving around search engines.
Your website is also the identity of your business and that means if there is no website, the customers might never be able to know about your brand. The website can tell the story of the brand, it can tell what are the things for which your company stands for, what is your view towards the industry, and much more. These are just some of the benefits of website development. Websites are great for generating new leads. If a business deals in the B2B market then a website can work as their portfolio. Clients can visit the website and know about the services that are provided. This is something that most B2B companies are doing these days. Now, we need to come to the point that why a company needs to outsource their web development project by website development services.
The reason is Quality. A company that is not dealing with web design or web development can never get the quality that is working in the market. If they have to attain the same quality then either they have to build a really strong website development team and spend a lot on their salaries and resources. Another option is that they can hire a company that already specializes in website development and web design and then make them understand what they need. This will also take money but the work that they will do will be flawless. The money that the company has to spend in outsourcing is mostly less than what a company has to spend while hiring an in-house team.
In this article, we will understand how a company can outsource their web development and design project so that they are in the first category. That means, their website is working as per their expectations and they are getting good SEO scores. Though SEO scores need other things as well when a website is developed properly, it becomes easy to rank it in the search engines.
What is meant by Outsourcing?
Before getting into how a company can outsource their web development projects, let’s understand what it means.
Outsourcing basically means giving out a project/task to another company, that your company is not specialized in. For example, if a company deals with the production of apple juice, it can outsource the delivery part. The packaging part of the marketing part to some other company. Through this, the companies can focus on their primary job. This increases the quality of the service or the production and also keeps away extra load from their head. The companies that do everything with the help of their in-house team mostly have to spend a lot more. Companies that are not getting a lot of profit might get into a debt trap if they try to do it all by themselves. While outsourcing there are a lot of options that a company can choose from. Outsourcing is mostly the cheaper option.
Outsourcing of website development services is also a great option for many reasons. Even the biggest of the companies around the world outsource some of their work. Here in this article, we are especially talking about website development outsourcing. Now, a company can do most of the general tasks like production, packaging, delivery, and all but handling something that demands specialization, like development is difficult. The main task is to keep an eye on the quality and for that either the company has to hire a manager or they have no idea what goes on. Top levels of the companies have to take care of things like planning, profits, market strategies, acquisitions, and much more. If they add one more job to their list, they might not be able to work at their best. Planning and strategy creation needs time and development needs time as well. It is better to do things in the easiest possible way.
Continuing why a company should outsource its web development projects. The company gets so many great developers when they hire a web development service provider. This saves them time and money. Otherwise, to hire web developers a company needs to spend a lot of money and keep on taking interviews to make sure that they are hiring the best. This is a tiring process and still doesn’t guarantee that the developers will work as expected. Here, when you work with an outsourcing company, the headache of getting the developers to work is theirs. You just have to share your requirements and the dates when you need the project and if your company and the outsourcing company are on the same page, the work will be smooth. When a company hires developers and makes them sit in their office, there are many expenses. They have to pay for their electricity, maybe their transportation, internet, and a lot more things.
Finding a company that can share the same set of goals and enthusiasm as yours is what your company needs to do. Most people hate outsourcing because they don’t give time and their dedication to finding a company that is best for them. Cutting efforts while finding the web development outsourcing company can lead you into trouble. If you hire a company that doesn’t specialize in the kind of web development project you need, you can’t expect greatness from them. That being said, your website might never stand out in the market. Hence, it will also not be able to do any good for the brand or its image. This is the reason why a company needs to pay attention to the smallest of the details when they hire an outsourcing company for their web development project.
How to outsource web design and web development?
The below points will help you understand how you can outsource your web design and web development projects in the best way. Not all web development service providers do this important task properly and that is why they suffer after they see the end results. It is important to know how you can outsource and how you can get them to work according to your requirements.
- Select the right partner for outsourcing: The first and the most important thing that you have to do is, find the right partner. This takes a lot of time, research, cross-questioning, review analysis, and trust. When you have all these sorted, then is the only time you can decide on a partner company. Most companies don’t focus on this step as much as they focus on the further steps. They try to work properly after they have decided but until then, it is already too late. The main job is to find a partner who can share the same vision about your web design and development project. There can be a lot of companies who can be great and who might be experts in your domain but not all of them will understand your project properly.
Do the following things to know if the company you are looking at is right to be your partner:
- Ask Them For Their Past Project: It is important to ask for the work that they have done in the past. All companies can show you a dummy project that works really well as has all the latest functionalities. Looking at the real projects done by them can give you insights into their quality of work, their specialization, their creativity, and other things.
- Check How They Communicate: It is important that the company that you work with can communicate properly. Without proper communication, it is not possible to get the desired results. Companies don’t understand but when their partner company works in isolation without letting them know what is going on, there is something going wrong. No matter how great they are working on the project, they need to take affirmation at regular intervals.
You can check if they communicate well by asking their past clients or by doing some other activities with them. If this is not done, then you are just taking a big risk with your web development project. Custom software development companies that can communicate well can do great things for the project.
- Costing: Knowing how much the outsourcing company charges for their services is important. Be it a general website or SaaS software development, the cost is variable and depends on the requirements. You need to find a company that fits your budget. Going over budget can disturb the future plans and other activities that are going on in the organization. There are so many companies and if you give time to find, you can find the best one in your budget. To make this happen, you can first go about finding the companies that are in your budget. After finding all the companies that are in your budget, you can select the best out of them. Take quotations from all, then analyze and then decide.
- Knowing the requirements:
A vision is required for the website in order to deploy it successfully. For a clear vision, you must specify your intentions behind the website. There are major differences between a website that is simply there to provide information and support and another which is there for business extension. A company providing responsive web design services will understand it better. Once it is decided what is to be done, the process becomes much easier on the developer’s side. It also reduces the number of changes and focuses on the motive of the company only.
- Establishing suitable deadlines for the project: Working with an outsourcing company for website design or development can be tiring. To make this process a bit clearer in all aspects, timelining is a great option to choose. You should come up with a timeline that will be suitable for both the company and the developer/developers. At each stage, an evaluation or testing point must be there so that the right step can be taken in the early stages only. As it is known that mistakes at an early stage can lead to a disaster in the final look, early evaluation can save a lot of these kinds of mistakes from happening.
The timeline method also gives a better look and feel of the final product. The company can then plan a lot of activities to engage more audiences such as promotions, marketing activities, soft launch, and more.
- Document a contract: Web design, SaaS software development, or web development is a powerful tool to build more business activities and gather more and more audience. This will lead to a long time commitment to this process in several ways. Having a well-documented contract will protect the interest of both the investor as well as the outsourcing team. A very important thing to notice here is to create the document in the most explained way possible. So that if anything goes wrong in the future, you can claim what is good for the company. Things such as deadline, data privacy, mode of communication, type of project, and other important stuff must be listed. Though everything is digital, it is important to keep a physical copy of the document along with the signatures (it may be digital or physical), so that no discrepancy happens in times of crisis.
- Communicating with the developer(s): Once the website or web app is made, the possibility of error is unavoidable. It is important to be calm and communicate with the outsourcing company or freelancer. Keeping a good professional relationship with the developers or any development team will help in the quick fixing of bugs or any other problems. The best web development company is that which can communicate throughout the process.
Healthy communication also helps in building trust. In case, one wants to work more on the website, the doors will always be open. It will result in fast modification of the website, you will not have to share the whole idea and motive of the company and less utilization of resources will also be there. A personal connection will help them in having a special focus on the project and they will ensure that they are able to maintain this relationship for a long time.
How to monitor and maintain quality control when outsourcing:
Almost every company has the tendency to handle every aspect of the business by themselves. Thus, outsourcing may feel a bit different to them. But with some right procedures, quality control can be done and one can feel confident about the work that the third party is doing. The top three things that one should consider in terms of quality while outsourcing are as follows:
- Who is doing the work?
As far as outsourcing is concerned, there are two conventional ways to opt for. The first one is contacting a freelancer and the next one is using a third-party service or search for the best web development company out there. While there are massive numbers of individuals out there with a varying range of price as well as quality, the process of contacting and hiring them seems a bit risky. With the help of a registered company, there will be multiple perks like understanding the hierarchy of responsibility and reputation, time-bound services, and long-term relationships.
There are plenty of services and agencies around the world that consist of talented people and resources qualified enough to complete any kind of complex project. The problem with freelancing is that the whole project is in the hands of a single person and it may cause a delay in delivery or unexpectedly wrong results due to lack of understanding. Both these outsourcing mediums have their own sets of pros and cons and one must understand the type of project and profile of the freelancer/agency before handing it over to them.
- Expectations from the project?
In order to establish a smooth outsourcing experience, there are a few points that need to be considered. One must make sure to set expectations for the following things:
- Communication: The frequency on which the company wants updates must be conveyed before finalizing the project. Also, who will be there to communicate in times of doubts must be specified beforehand.
- Timeline: What is the total time required to complete the whole project. How much flexibility can be given to the timeline? A delayed project creates issues on both the sides
- Depth of work: Are you in a need of static or responsive web design services? The kind of output that a company is expecting affects the budgets, time, and all the other factors of outsourcing. One must be as specific as possible about pages, words, designs, layout, and other things.
- Resources: What kind of help the company is willing to provide to get the work done. In some cases, outsourcing mediums do require some resources such as templates from previous projects, programs that have been used, user data, and others.
- Progress check on the work done
One must be sure that a designated platform is present for communicating with the outsourcing party. There are a huge number of platforms present online such as Slack, Trello, and more. There are other mediums of communication too such as Gmail, google hangouts, chats, and more. A good practice is to divide the whole project into smaller modules and setting mutual deadlines for each of them. This also gives a clearer picture of what work is completed and what is left in the whole project. The ultimate project will only be successful if both parties are satisfied with it.
Web design and development do not necessarily have to be difficult and complex. There is a huge list of great options for working. Combining experienced professionals with the skills required has the ability to make your project exceptionally well. It will also help in pulling more business online.
Final Few Thoughts
All the above-mentioned information can help you to find the best company for your website project. Finding the best company is not the final step, most companies never get the desired results. Companies think that their job is done as soon as they hire an outsourcing company. Just telling the company what needs to be done, checking if the work is being done or not from time to time, it’s not enough. It is important to work with them, you need to work with them like they are a part of your organization.
Taking meetings from time to time, understanding what they are doing, what result it will create is important. Outsourcing companies do work with dedication when they think that the client they are working for is also serious about the project. They have no ownership of the project and that is why they just focus on completing it without adding a lot from their side. To make them feel like they are a part, your companies need to ask for their opinion. They have experience and they have developed a lot of other websites.
That experience can be used for the benefit of your organization. When they create your website as they own it, they will make sure they do everything in their best capacity. Things when done in the best capacity always give out extra-ordinary results.
This is what a custom software development company does when they are involved and dedicated to a project. All the things that are mentioned in the article can be tried but the best way to go forward is always different from organization to organization. No two organizations can get the same results by doing the same set of activities. Your company might have different goals, a different style of working and you might have hired a different kind of outsourcing company. Observe things, do proper research and then make your plans accordingly.