There are variety of reasons why you ought to like Python over other programming languages. It is used for web based programming (Django, Flask, Plone, Pyramid, Bottle, and far more). However, it can also be used for Desktop Applications and Mobile Development (Kivy, PyQT, Tkinter, wxpython, etc).
Before starting with the deeper thought of Python, allow us to take a glance at its major options that provide you with reasons why must you opt for Python for developing apps compared to different tools :-
- Easy to Code :- For beginners, employing a static language for the primary time may be terribly troublesome because it presents extra quality. Python is dynamic language it instructs indentation, that promotes readability.
Python is found straightforward to code as compared to differences in style languages like Java and C++ and may be learned in few days. it's known as a programmer-friendly language because it is extremely straightforward to use.
- Interpreted Language :- Python scripts are compiled at run-time because it converts to binary straightaway at run time. This reduces the compilation efforts and time in addition, whereas JAVA or C++ must be compiled before execution.
- Object Oriented :- Python is totally focused on objects, functions, and combining data. It supports multiple inheritances. It also supports both object-oriented and procedure-oriented programming.
- Expressive and Sensing :- Python is also associated as a communicative language which is thought about as a top feature because it helps to specialize in the answer instead of the syntax. It consists of deep learning libraries that are helpful for sensing and AI.
Capabilities and Compatibility
Python is proven to be the most compatible programming language, as it supports multi-platform application development. It offers a concept with the intention to allow obstacle-free programs on a small or large scale. The development and portability rate in Python are very high, which allows the same application to operate across platforms. Python consists of rich libraries and many other packages to tackle a particular task.
The cross-platform Python framework works for Android, Windows 7, Linux, and Mac. It is a perfect tool for writing simple scripts and complex multi-threaded applications. The interesting thing about Android having Python in it is the chance to use limitless lines of code already written and available for free.
There is a wide range of frameworks available for Python, that is capable of cross-platform application development like - Web, Desktop, Mobile or Touch devices.
- Web Development:- Python Web Development gives a lot of reasons to develop websites using it. Basically, nowadays, websites are web-applications that are capable of performing computations by user input as well as displaying whatever content we have to show to the specific user. The web-applications are run by the web server which is hosted on the server; so we don’t need to do any other installation. Few popular web-based frameworks are as follows -
- Django - Django is a high-level Python Web based framework that encourages fast development and clean, pragmatic design. Developed by professional experienced developers, it takes care of a lot of challenges coming up during web application development. Thus you'll be an expert in writing your app while not having to reinvent the wheel. It’s totally free and open source.
- Flask - Flask is known to be a low scale web framework written in Python. Being known as a microframework, it doesn't need specific tools or libraries. Its no information abstraction layer, kind validation, or other elements wherever pre-existing third-party libraries offer common functions.
Apart from the above mentioned, few more popular python frameworks are - Pyramid, Bottle, Plone & Django CMS.
- Machine learning and Big-Data:- Python is widely used for Robotics, Machine Learning, Scientific and Complex Computation:
- Tensorflow is An open source machine learning framework and used to build neural network.
- Opencv is a library of programming functions mainly aimed at real-time computer vision like live streaming and manipulation with image.
- NumPy is a library for the Python programming language, adding support for large, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices, along with a large collection of high-level mathematical functions to operate on these arrays.
Other popular python libraries like - SciPy, Pandas and IPython are also in trend.
- Mobile and Terminal(Touch Devices) Apps :- Python has grown roots in the mobile and terminal devices applications as well.
- Kivy - One of the effective cross-platform libraries where cross-platform computer product or system is a product or system that can work across multiple types of platforms or operating environments. Kivy applications easily manage to run on iOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, Linux, Windows, Mac-OS X with the distribution protocol under free and open source software. In simple words we can say One application for multiple operating systems.
- PyQT - PyQt5 is a comprehensive set of Python bindings for Qt(Qt is set of cross-platform C++ libraries that implement high-level APIs for accessing many aspects of modern desktop and mobile systems) v5. It is implemented as more than 35 extension modules and enables Python to be used as an alternative application development language to C++ on all supported platforms including iOS and Android. PyQt5 may also be embedded in C++ based applications to allow users of those applications to configure or enhance the functionality of those applications.
- Business Applications :- Python is also used to build ERP and e-commerce systems.
- Odoo is an all-in-one management software that offers a range of business applications that form a complete suite of enterprise management applications.
- Tryton is a three-tier high-level general purpose application platform.
- ERPNext is a free and open-source integrated Enterprise Resource Planning software and is built on the MariaDB database system using a Python-based server-side framework. ERPNext is a generic ERP software used by manufacturers, distributors and services companies.
Python proves to be the most dynamic and versatile language as it covers a maximum area of software application development. Right from the complex computation for handling big amount of data to the Robotics and ML, Python has acquired area of ERP Solutions (Web Applications) to developing mobile applications with Kivy. Python is the most used programming language nowadays, and the popular platforms like Google, YouTube are also developed using Python or its relevant frameworks.