The learning management systems are the latest buzzword in the industry. It is essentially covering a lot due to its efficiency.
Software as a service is typically used to elaborate management systems based upon the internet rather than the on-premise system. It is fundamental for many organizations to have limited server space, out of which SaaS LMS is a rescue option for the platforms dealing with such trouble. The SaaS learning management system available on the cloud makes it convenient from every possible dimension.
With the help of SaaS learning management solutions, the organization remains free from investing a heavy amount on vendors or technical aspects of their training program. In this article, we will explore SaaS learning management systems, their challenges, and solutions.
Understand SaaS Learning Management Systems
If you have ever adopted any learning management systems (LMS) in your Enterprise Mobility Solutions then you will know that SaaS assures the supreme force. SaaS learning management systems are the fastest-growing solution in enterprise software. It is also known as web-based software. SaaS applications are hosted on the internet rather than having to install or maintain on the servers. Hence, there is no essential requirement to be constantly setting specific hardware or software in the organization.
If you are willing to shift from the self-hosted learning system to a growing SaaS Product Development system then it is extremely important to gain insights with the SaaS LMS cloud. Usually, SaaS LMS buyers are slower to adopt the solutions rather than other enterprises and it is due to a number of factors such as renowned open-source learning solutions, replacement of LMS cycles, security concerns, etc. However, there is a requirement of an intense push towards the essential solutions for cloud-based deployment, especially for small or large businesses.
Attributes of acquiring SaaS learning management system solutions
Almost all the vendors of SaaS LMS are offering Tutor App Development Services for their business. And a majority of the learning solutions are hosted either in the cloud or multi-tenant structure. It can also be concluded that the vendor takes care of the application hosting. In general, it raises the concern that codebase in a single-tenant requires unique sets for every client. The advantages of single-tenant hosting are limited than multi-tenant solutions. Let us visit the attributes of acquiring SaaS learning management system solutions-
- It enables the students to join the learning sessions anytime, anywhere along with maximum interactivity and flexibility with Education app development solutions
- It allows vendors to optimize the resource and time of the solutions to keep the data safe
- Helps to keep a track on the learning process with its robust reports and analysis
- Acknowledge successful completion of the learning course through awarding certificates and conducting higher training programs
- It provides blended e-learning solutions to the users in a social environment
Why Are SaaS LMS Solutions So Popular?
The requirement to provide user-friendly tools has potentially posed a challenge for many software development services providers. It has also resulted in the shift in norms from application developers to development tools. This set of software development tools is known as SaaS solutions. It means that a person without any programming experience can easily create learning or tutoring programs and launch them accordingly. SaaS learning management systems are extremely beneficial for platforms looking for training purposes. The role of SaaS learning management systems depends upon the objectives of the organization and its training strategy to meet the desired outcomes. Mostly these solutions are used to deploy and track the online learning and training initiatives. It involves uploading the assets to the system and making them accessible for remote learners.
In a few cases, SaaS built-in authoring tools enable the educator to develop online learning materials without any third-party software. The SaaS LMS acts as a huge repository for storing and tracking the e-learning information. Users who have the login details can access these materials and resources anytime, anywhere. The learning materials and essential updates on this platform are managed by the vendor. There is no specific requirement to install the software and this feature makes it a great choice for the organization that wants to start the learning process at the earliest. In SaaS learning management systems the data is efficiently hosted on the server through a vendor. The users can easily access service from a web browser which is inclusive of the entire information. The advantages of SaaS learning management system include-
- Organizing And Safety Of Data- The SaaS learning management system allows educators to collect essential information and Big Data under one roof. It makes maintaining and updating the learning materials convenient. Featuring the advanced encryption of data through SaaS LMS you do not have to worry about the data security and data falling prey to the wrong person.
- Progress And Performance Of The Learner- All these platforms have built-in reporting systems and analytical features that enable the educated to track the progress and performance of learners. If the system has inadequate reporting capabilities then you can purchase the plug-in or add-ons to boost this feature.
- Improvisation In Resource Allocation- There are plenty of ways through which SaaS LMS solutions can help the educator to allocate e-learning resources effectively. Initially, it is important to identify the aspects of the training program and their ability to meet the objectives. Secondly, this system also helps to update the learning programs and training assets rapidly. It is possible for the educator to create a personalized training experience for the learners.
Challenges And Risks Imposed On SaaS LMS
Those who are stepping into e-learning or adopting the SaaS learning management systems will find various risks associated with the same. The possible factors behind this include lack of integration and efficiency, inadequate flexible reporting capability, unreliable functions, etc. Without resolving all these issues it is extremely important to have a positive influence on software development services on the organization. Some of the common implementation challenges that are extremely important to resolve prior to starting the project include-
- No Specific Goal- It is extremely important to identify your learning management system goal prior to the development of your project. You also have to consider examining the motivation behind your project and how you are going to address the online training with SaaS learning management systems.
- Not Accounting Hidden Costs- Probably you might have already dealt with the operational cost of your project but what about the overall cost? This is inclusive of the vendor’s charges, license fees, fees for advance support or updates, maintenance fees, upkeep fees. It is not certain that you have to bear all of them but consider them and your budget if the situation arises to pay any of them.
- Failure Of Implementation- Across various SaaS LMS cases successful implementation of the project is based upon a group effort. If your team lacks efficiency or motivation then it will result in unexpected delays of the project along with increasing the cost. It is better to communicate with your collaborators and IT experts to use the trial versions of the solutions and gather feedback for better understanding and avoiding implementation failure.
- Lack Of Integration- The most dynamic challenge faced while implementing the SaaS learning management system solutions is the resource allocation and lack of system integration. In the big picture, it can have serious consequences. Hence, it is important to ensure the existing resources and their compatibility with your learning management system platform. You can also try the free versions prior to purchasing one. This will help you understand the flaws in any e trial version or lack of features or user interface options that you may require otherwise.
- No Vision- Even if you have created an amazing LMS SaaS Product Development that fits your business requirement, check its effectiveness after a year or two. Ask yourself if the project is going to be a worthwhile investment in the long run. It is a major challenge that many vendors face when they create a solution without considering its future usability.
There are more than 700 SaaS learning management system vendors globally which make it clear that the market is already in high competition. Taking into account, a large number of customers are still opting for SaaS Application Development or learning management systems for their requirements. If you are impressed with the above-mentioned figures and are all set to launch your SaaS LMS project then it is important to scrutinize the risks first.
The devastating challenges that keep coming back to the organization if not resolved properly include-
- High-Level Competitiveness- The SaaS learning management system providers do not only compete with other providers but also with the system developers in the same segment. Similarly, the solution is developed to cater to the audience-based requirements. It is not entirely customizable for customers of different platforms like SharePoint, G Suite, Confluence, etc. This offers extensive learning functionality and can be customized to fulfill the user-based personalized requirements.
- Solution- In order to win this battle it is extremely important to start product development by adopting the latest technological capabilities and constant innovation. This includes smart technologies and emerging adoption for the project since the beginning. It is better to consider e-learning personalization for the projects to not miss any updates.
- Feature Priority- For Enterprise Mobility Solutions, SaaS learning management system presents a complicated yet feature-rich system. Many companies find it difficult to select an optimal set of features that can address the requirements of the vast majority of the customers. This is one of the most problematic situations for SaaS learning management system providers that arises with prioritizing the features for the solution. It can get worse without adequate knowledge for the same.
- Solution- Note that not all the solutions from the backlog can align with your specific product strategy, and hence it is wise to involve a business analyst to understand the optimal feature sets of your products. For example, a few Tutor App Development Services assure secure storage and facilitate accessing the content under well management programs. Some solutions are managed to speed up the project by limiting its time with feature estimation.
- Trial-Version Low Conversion- Many SaaS provide free trial versions to their customers. On the one hand, it is a good advertisement strategy for the products, and users can get acquainted with its efficiency without having to install any of the solutions. On the contrary, it has plenty of drawbacks such as bugs, performance errors, non-intuitive user interface, etc. All these factors can discourage users to rely on the learning management system solutions for their requirements.
- Solution- In order to eliminate the performance issues and bugs from the Education app development solutions it is advisable to leverage the assurance services of learning management systems from the beginning of the project. In order to boost the conversion rates from the trial version of the product, it is better to elaborate on every feature of the solution and its specific scenarios to the customer. It will help them to achieve a user-friendly approach as well as intuitive UI.
Some Effective Solutions To Handle The Challenges Easily
The SaaS Application Development vendors are constantly working to improve and redefine their approach towards SaaS LMS. The ultimate objective of this service is to streamline the learning process administration along with offering quick access to the students. These processes also ensure an engaging learning experience and quality content for the students. The aforementioned challenges outlined need specific resolution during SaaS LMS integration. In this segment, we will discuss the best practices to overcome the challenges and implement successful learning management system practices.
Keep The Project Simple- The user can instantly distract from challenging navigation, bulky design, and lengthy tutorials from the e-learning program. Hence it is important to make an intuitive and simple user interface, efficient SaaS LMS, and UX as the focal point of your project. You can consider eliminating access elements from the software design for functions unless they add value to your learners or educators. Be aware not to strip the essential features and designs in the pursuit of a simple software. For instance, the advanced search feature is extremely important in learning software solutions as it enables the students to instantly access the required content at that moment.
Account Flexibility- In order to meet the requirements of every customer, SaaS LMS solutions have diversity in their learning content and styles. It is inclusive of the possibility of adaptive learning while on the go and accesses the learning content easily. It is important to make the solutions supportive towards multi-format video, graphics, audio content (test or quiz), questionnaires, etc. You have to make these solutions flexible considering the cross-platform compatibility and delivery.
Enhance User Engagement- Promoting user engagement for SaaS LMS solutions act as a major indicator in the software efficiency because it facilitates knowledge retention and supports the learning. It is better to be equipped with the discussion boards and communication interface to promote interaction between educators and learners. It will also help to make the learning process exciting and efficient for the learners.
User-Friendliness And Convenience- The LMS for cloud must essentially streamline the learning processes, right from enrolling to completion or certification. You can also include automation at every stage of the alarming process to provide training. Also, it is wise to make the solution convenient for both ends. For example, for the students, you can make accessing the content and training material along with recording the exam, tests, and quizzes easy on the platform. For training providers, you can make it easy for them to access the administrative portal including delivering the test materials, training, tracking the progress of the learner, assessing reports, etc.
Dynamic Approach- For the SaaS learning management system static approach does not work at all. It is better to conduct usability learning and tests to track the feedback of the learners and software functionality. It will also help you to understand your product and its impact on the customers which will ultimately enhance the user experience and adoption for the same.
The market of corporate e-learning has gained popularity since the last decade. It is further speculated that more than 90% of the companies will introduce online learning for their organization and the revenue of this market will cross $325 billion by 2025. SaaS learning management system implementation in a few cases can be a complex or lengthy process.
It may also require a high level of expertise and skillful personnel along with heavy investing. It is advised to be sure of the project implementation strategies along with privatizing the development cycle of your project in order to avoid any future consequences. It is also important to utilize the Software as a Service solution as the backbone of your project.