SaaS product development is known to be one of the most appropriate and frequently applied business strategies for the new software product set up.
Its popularity is increasing extremely fast along with the number of benefits to be chosen for. Essentially, whenever your company comes up with a new thought of developing the software design services, the SaaS application will be considered to be the best option so far. You will absolutely favor the maintenance, distribution, authorizing and security options. The SaaS application development services has earned a huge importance in today’s life.
Software as a Service (SaaS) is basically considered as a delivery model based on a subscription process and centralized hosting. Users also prefer this method as they can select among the subscription plans and offered functionality. They have the skill to access the software through web browser from different devices.
The question arises of how SaaS development company has become so famous can be answered by considering the advantages of software development, and overall maintenance. However, the users have recognized the characteristics, performance that distinguishes these products from regular applications for desktop and mobile platforms. We should mention accessibility since the clients can simply start their applications on different platforms through the Internet using web browser. However, the information is stored in the cloud integration solution; they are not destined to use the similar device all the time. Another benefit for the users is they get rid of on-premise downloads and it doesn’t consume any space on the customer’s device.
SaaS application development is a logical choice for businesses. It will be much easier to set up your product. The software actually runs on the server, so your project requirements won’t depend on different configurations of every platform. Maintenance and updates are faster to be executed as well.
However, SaaS application development is a flexible procedure for businesses that want to keep up the same speed with rapidly-changed technologies. This distribution model allows them to enter the market faster and deliver the latest features within a short period and sustainable cost. At the same moment, the users have also highlighted this product as a budget-friendly option due to the subscription pricing method. Users actually have the possibility of using up-to-date as well as fully operating software products readily.
SaaS development life cycle
Each and every company that is interested in building and marketing the application has to be familiar with the term “SaaS development life cycle”. It guarantees you with the continuous delivery of the product and efficient implementation.
Let’s go through the different phases of SaaS development life cycle:-
The business marketing is an important part of any development. Bring ideas to find business opportunities and ways to attract users. Considering into account the exclusive skill of cloud services, recognize the value you are going to deliver. In addition to the development procedure, you should think about the marketing strategy way ahead.
Evaluation of Platform
Making an option for the custom software development company, remember that it should attain certain abilities. Since the final designing has to obtain great performance, reliability, compliance, scalability, the chosen service has to provide the required tools.
Everything needs a planning whether it is official or unofficial work. As far as you have described the basic requirements, it is time to plan out different procedure to focus on development solutions. Your project plan should cover informative details regarding not only its functionality but also the deadline, budget, and required items. However, it should be divided into levels and suggest the long-time vision options.
It is a vital step in the SaaS development life cycle to purchase a production quality subscription. To make the right choice on the cloud platform and the central hosting model, you should test the chosen services and prepare all the essential documentation. You need to reach the necessary level agreements and make sure that your subscription covers the backup and recovery strategies.
Here comes the important part of the software design services, – building the basic features and creating scalable software architecture. The model SaaS development method always goes along with testing. One of the often-used methods is A/B tests to estimate the performance and iteration. You couldn’t exclude the testing part as it enables the overall functionality.
This level is exceptionally important for organizing all the functions. They should agree to the level agreements, security, and compliance and shared setup of the cloud integration services. Also, it has to cover the specifications of the different previous levels that have already specified the method of service deployment in production.
Developing SaaS product
When learning the procedure to develop a SaaS application, always remember that you need to deliver some value. It should introduce to the methods that are relevant to the requirements of the targeted audience. As a rule, this type of application consists of operational tools, management of the account, analysis process. All of these certain features should be collected and presented as one attractive and operational application. It’s simple and clear that the user-made design will help you to make a good impression on the customers. Their dashboard should not be filled with unnecessary features. It’s true that the application has to include as much functionality as possible. However, the customers won’t be satisfied with confusing and pointless interaction within it.
Suppose, you want to create a SaaS development application service for a content association that helps to organize the business data. It could consist of document management, file sharing, search engines, communication channels, security, maintenance, etc. Also, like any other application, you can easily start with the simple SaaS features and add the progressive ones regularly. Do your level best to make the registration quick and simple. The users have to be provided with operative and fast methods of collaboration. The file-sharing entity has to include share, view, edit, delete, comment options. The search engine is needed for sorting files and also provides quick access to them. Some advanced collaboration applications could include in-built tools for communication like live chats, voice calls, video calls, etc. In short, this design is an ideal solution for delivering complex functionality. The point is that more progressive features should be presented to the users gradually as they move through their learning process and get familiar with basic actions.
Best practices of SAAS development
This model is generally applied, and newcomers can easily learn how to develop a SaaS product from the success stories of SaaS development companies like SFDC or Hub Spot. In general, all of them are taking advantage of the same strategies developed over the years of the market presence. We have collected some of those SaaS development best practices in the list below:-
- Product Scalability: The main benefits of the cloud integration solutions are adding capacity. It works as both vertical and horizontal scaling. The term vertical scaling refers to it is limited by the size of the server, and horizontal scaling refers to the building of logical unit that works on different hardware and software.
- In-application support – Due to the files the applications deal with, they are rather complex ones. Therefore the users’ support could be delivered through the detailed tutorials, live chats, video calls, etc.
- Multiple channel approach – It is the support procedure that will combine the customers’ requests and keep details of the previous communications to simplify the coming ones, etc.
- Data protection and privacy – Actually, no SaaS product development can be completed without data encryption. Try to search for all the possible ways to guarantee a high level of security.
- Strategy of Integration – It is very common that companies move from one application to another app or access a few of them at the same time. There are possibilities to exchange files and support co-operation between them.
- Frequent updates– It’s obvious that customers have to benefit from using your application. You should understand your customer’s requirements and keep refining on a regular basis to deliver the best app functionality.
- Service charges – The customers are selecting this procedure not only for convenience and provided features, but they have also found the option of money-saving. Also, instead of paying for installation and following updates, they favour the subscription procedure.
Today’s technology provides a great variety of SaaS development tools to come up with a valuable product. Certainly, as a matter of fact, we will try to concentrate on the technical aspect of developing the product by CRM development services. This software acquires the complex architecture that is delivered by means of different outlines, libraries as well as SaaS developer tools. Basically, selecting the tech stack, you definitely need to determine all the advantages and disadvantages as well as decide on the cloud integration solution provider. Actually, since every provider works better with a certain programming language, you need to search for the perfect combination for your product. Let’s go through the important SaaS development tools:
- Essential Server-side technologies: Those technologies do not vary from the common server-side web development ones. You can select among SQL, NET, Java, PHP, etc. All these programming languages have their own importance to be applied. The basic requirements are simple and convenient to use, customization, proper documentation, and strong community support.
- Cloud platforms for the purpose of hosting and maintenance: A wide majority of SaaS companies utilize third party providers for the purpose of hosting of their products. Also, on-premise hosting would be very costly in their case, not to mention a tremendous cost of developing anything close to Amazon’s policy for cloud management. Cloud platforms like Azure, Google Cloud, and others offer a wide choice regarding hardware, supporting software.