We are sure you are having a rocking e-commerce year, also there is a lot you can do with your Magento e-commerce store this year and forthcoming year to achieve your goals. Selecting Magento as the e-Commerce Platform is a good choice since it is highly scalable and flexible CMS, which can be used by both start-ups and established ventures. However, most of the company owners aren't able to use this stage to its full capability to cultivate their own E-commerce Magento store. Are you one of them?
If you are one of them, then let's jump right away into the top 8 activities that can be implemented on your Magento store.
1) Investing in SEO
After a particular level, you can't tackle SEO activities solely by studying online tutorials and guides. Those are only a fraction of what SEO requires. If you want to scale e-commerce earnings from 2017, start investing in SEO in the first day of the near year. With the ideal keyword analysis and campaign structure, you can obtain a lot of organic traffic.
You can either outsource to an SEO agency or employ in-house. Whatever you do, hire educated people, and that is going to come at a cost, but the rewards are enticing. Concentrate your attention on raising the number of organic traffic through search engines, instead of social media platforms.
2) Enhance Security Patches
Hacking efforts happen every day. Security breaches make Magento stores vulnerable. Magento includes a 30% share of the e-commerce market, working around 240,000 stores, which makes it an ideal target for cybercriminals.
Here are some measures to consider:
- Change password into 10+ characters.
- Modify the admin course.
- Control the permission level of other users.
- Use secure URLs to safeguard pages that are critical.
- Update to newest Magento versions.
- Use scanning services such as MageReport and ForeGenix to scan the store for vulnerabilities.
- Always keep a site backup.
The above pointers will protect the Magento store to a substantial extent.
3) Utilize Existing Database
I am confident that you have maintained a comprehensive database of buyers from 2017. Use that database for reverse targeting. Utilizing a Trusted email advertising service provider such as Aweber and MailChimp, you can use the database :
- Send a welcome email for the new calendar year, talking about their devotion to the brand, and giving insights into what you plan for this season. It'll make the buyers feel more included in the business enterprise.
- Push last-minute earnings if you've got old stock from the previous year and you have the bandwidth to sell them at a reduced cost. Or, you can set up a content/giveaway campaign with a particular subject and TOS. Winners can claim prizes. Or, it is possible to send a product free-of-cost for every single purchase.
- Produce raffles throughout the year and pick winners on monthly basis.
- Begin a loyalty application, either point-based or even discount-based, in which the buyers make to win goodies on attaining a certain threshold. There are a whole lot of Magento extensions inhabiting this functionality.
4) Upgraded Deals in your Magento Store
You can kickstart earnings for 2018 by upgrading the coupons, discounts, and deals pages. If you are looking for any extensions for the exact same or considering shifting from the current one, I recommend the Magento Multiple Coupons and Checkout Coupon Code extensions.
The Magento Multiple Reminders extension allows the invention of rule-based coupon generation and use. Buyers can use many coupons at once, for one order. You can limit the use of coupons and it is compatible with the tax performance of Magento.
Even the Checkout Coupon Code extension uses AJAX technology to reduce page reloads, supplies a one-page voucher and multi-address checkout support.
5) Improve Store Loading Rate
Keeping the Cart Abandonment rate in check is essential for a shop to be successful throughout the vacation season. Having a no-nonsense checkout page is a norm.
- Utilize CSS sprites, concatenation, and parallelization to restrict the number of requests.
- Use Async directives for JS files and minification for decreasing the burden of assets.
- Eliminate unused or deactivated anti-inflammatory cubes.
- Steer clear of loading on the browser resources by using DNS Prefetch directives.
- Compress images and empower browser cache for static documents.
All these steps will help to improve and personalize the website architecture and reduce the loading rate.
6) Facebook Re-targeting to Boost Earnings
Undoubtedly, you'd have spent a marketing funding on Facebook ads the previous calendar year. Regardless of how those advertisements did, you still have the data, and those can be utilized to efficiently re-target the audience profiles.
Unless you're already using one, I suggest the Facebook Conversion and writer Pixel Tracking extension with which you can execute the conversion monitoring pixel to the e-commerce store. The pixel monitoring may be implementable on cart pages, order confirmation pages, and even the contact us' pages. You can incorporate the Facebook API with Events like View Content, Add To Cart, Initiate Checkout, and complete registration to comprehend audience behavior.
Facebook re-targeting makes sense as you already have a mature viewer awaiting re-engagement. You do not have to present the store to a new market. Before they did not convert because you revealed to them the incorrect product, however, the second time around, the results will differ.
Facebook re-targeting advertisements ought to be a priority for both 2018 and 2019.
7) Curated 'About Us' Page
The 'About Us' page is the introduction of your leadership and the company. From the e-commerce area, 7 percent of people check out the About Us' page first and from them, 30 percent convert.
You'll find lots of 'About Us' pages for inspiration. Your e-commerce 'About Us' page should be clear, exact and well-designed. Do not include filler content, however, talk about yourself along with the small business. Buyers do need to connect with brands these days.
8) Remove Duplicates & Irrelevant Pages
A minor change may have a significant effect. Throughout the holiday period, you'd have created numerous landing pages, product pages, and other elements but if you do not need them now, it is vital to eliminate them.
Growing or text web pages is uneventful. Avoid using the same articles everywhere. Locate and delete the pages.
Before implementing any of these activities to a Magento shop consider to get connected with our accredited and committed Magento developers who will steer you in developing a blueprint on how you can grow your Magento E-commerce store in 2018/2019.