Mobile enterprise is one the most enabling innovation as it allows the employer to employ whomever they find the best fit for the job requirement without any geographical barriers. Remote wok frees the employer from having a brick and mortar location while giving unshackled access to their employees to everything that they would have in the company’s office. There is a wide range of benefits that mobile enterprise offers. Completing the job becomes easy for an employee if he can access the corporate data across multiple platforms, from any location. When the operations aren't confined to particular work hours and business locations, the companies are able to generate more profits.
Enterprise mobility is not without its downsides. It can present a number of security risks of data breaches by cybercriminals. By understanding the risks associated with enterprise mobility, you can easily find ways to address them. Let’s understand the risks that enterprise mobility poses:
- Ubiquitous connectivity – As mobile devices are hyper-connected, they can often access unsecured networks which can increase the risk of data loss. Recent studies have proved that 71 percent of mobile communications is through Wi-Fi and 90 percent of public Wi-Fi is not secured. To prevent this risk make sure that only a certificate based network is used. It is also important to utilize per-app VPNs that encrypt data in transit. You will want to add the app and email proxies to block the unauthorized or non-compliant devices and apps.
Read the Blog- 2019 Trends in Enterprise Mobility Solutions
- Theft and data breach – Small devices which are not adequately secured are vulnerable to data breach and theft. Many smartphones are stolen daily, and the finders try to gain access to the corporate information on the device. It is essential to enforce the password policies for the devices and apps by using multi-factor authentication. To protect the data encrypt the corporate apps so that even when the device is compromised the data remains protected.
- Own apps – Employees are coming up with their own apps for file sync and sharing and work purposes. This increases the entire risk of data loss and potential breaches. Most of the employees that bring their own apps are doing it to fill the gap of apps provided by the employers. This is worth noting that most of the apps such produced fail the basic security tests. To protect the data breaches from these unsecured apps, get Enterprise mobility services by a reliable custom software development company.
- Malicious apps – Apps can be very helpful, but it can also prove to be the weakest entry point for cybercriminals. They are also installed by the users who are completely unknown to the dangers that it may pose. There are millions of risky and malicious apps which steal the information, track the user without permission, pose traditional threats and reconfigure the device. To protect the device against these threats, it is critical to ensure that the devices are protected by a centrally managed mobile threat protection which can detect and block the threats proactively.
- Real-time-access to data – Remote employees need to gain real-time access to the company’s data to make informed and quick decisions. The major challenge with the enterprise mobility is how to provide the access that the employees need that doesn’t put the organization at risk. To manage this difficulty, mobile employees should be equipped with secure file sharing capabilities to which the IT department has complete control. Custom App development services can also extend their expertise and help in the process.
- Mobile user experience – Introducing mobile technology into the workflows allows the employees to do the same kind of work that they can do from their desk, from any location at any time. To maximize the productivity of mobile employees, the enterprise should work on creating a positive and beneficial user experience within the application. This involves redesigning the existing applications for mobile settings or investing in developing new applications for specific needs along with the optimization of all the mobile systems to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the workforce.
By providing an intuitive and satisfying mobile experience, an enterprise encourages and achieves user adoption of these apps. Without the positive user experience, the app will not be used to their full potential, and an organization will not gain the return on investment that they have planned.
Enterprise mobility certainly brings with it a number of challenges for business owners. However, numerous Enterprise mobility solutions providers can bring extensive support to the enterprises. In the process to overcome the challenges, the enterprises should brace themselves for the risks and the failure that are likely to occur.